'Scandilicious' with Signe Johansen
We are very excited to have Signe Johansen teaching the skills and secrets behind Scandinavian cooking, a cuisine very much in the forefront since Noma opened our taste buds to Northern European vegetables and foraged goodies.
Signe Johansen is a food writer and cook who grew up in Norway and now lives in London. She trained at Leiths School of Food and Wine, and after graduating worked in some of the UK’s top restaurants.
Saltyard Books published Signe’s first book Secrets of Scandinavian Cooking…Scandilicious in 2011 and her next book is Scandilicious Baking out in July 2012. To find out more follow Signe's blog specialises in modern Scandinavian cooking and baking.
Signe will show you how make her favourite recipes for example
* How to bake perfect bread - spelt & fennel seed, and sesame & poppyseed Scandinavian buns
* Pumpkin, sage & blue cheese savoury muffins
* Roast swede and nutmeg soup
* Pearled spelt, roast beetroot with raspberry vinegar, goat's cheese, walnut and parsley salad
* Cardamom almond tart with baked star anise plums
* Cinnamon buns
The day will be a mixture of demonstration and hands on and we will cook & eat as we go along, with lots of tasting, and finish with a late lunch with organic wine.