Learn to bake with Rachel Demuth
Perfect your baking skills with Rachel Demuth, who learnt to bake at Neals Yard Bakery in London and went on to open her own bakery Broad Street Bakery in Bath.
Our bread day offers an introduction to bread making, one of the most satisfying cooking activities there is. There's a certain magic in starting with a bowl of flour, yeast and water and ending up with a warm, sweet smelling loaf.
You'll experience a bit of this "magic" by baking all kinds of breads, such:
- Irish soda bread
- All-purpose easy dough for pizzas, calzone, bread sticks and rolls
- Italian rosemary focaccia
- Indian stuffed paratha
- Sweet cinnamon whirls.
You'll walk away with some essential bread skills so you can carry on at home:
- How to use different types of flour from spelt to gram flour
- An understanding of different types of yeast and raising agents
- How to mix, knead, proof and bake all manners of bread
Expect lots of hands-on bread making, plus tips on how to get the most from your bread machine for those that have one. We'll finish with lunch to compliment the breads we make, served with organic wine or juices.
There will be lots of bread to take home and a recipe pack, so you can continue your bread making at home. And you will, because it's impoosible to go back to store-bought bread once you know to bake bread at home.